Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I bet Katie is super excited that I'm writing another post for the first time in...probably two months now? Yay me. I've been thinking about how I wanted to write a post about my shoes, because I love them. How often do I get to just go on about them??? One of my early birthday presents this month was a new pair of shoes from urban outfitters. I must say, I love that store immensely, though it can be kind of pricey. I've been slowly building up a wardrobe from there.

So back to the shoes. Last saturday, during a break from family history research, my friend Lana and I stopped by the gateway, where I picked up these beauties.

Yup, my new oxfords. I don't know that I will ever love a man as much as I love these. hmmmm...probably not a good thing. I also got a sweet pair of vintage looking earrings. Now if only I had earlobes.

Anywho, I absolutely love having shoes that I don't see anyone else with. I also feel like I'm from the sixties, and getting ready to go swing dancing with john travolta.

Clearly, I really love fashion, and I always pick out dresses or outfits I'm in love with in movies I see. P.S I Love You had great clothes in it. Hillary Swank wore some stunning outfits, including this cute little dress.


Also, this saturday, my roomies and I are going to be checking out the bridal fair. Oh ya, none of us are getting married. Who cares! This inspired me to look at the '09 collection of the wedding gown designer Rosa Clara, who I've recently fallen in love with. Alta Moda Bridal here in utah makes the dresses temple ready, and she is one of the designers they have in stock. As I was looking at the gowns, I fell in love with this gown. I'm going to have to start saving up now, as these dresses can run in the thousands.

I just love the silhouette. I'm not a fan of mermaid, or trumpet gowns. This is exactly the kind of look I love. At the same time though, I absolutely love lace collars, and will most likely go that way. Here's another Rosa Clara gown I adore!



This all probably makes me sound marriage hungry, but no, I am not. Like I tell my roomies, I want a wedding, not a marriage right now.

As a random afterthought, I've had this quote from mansfield park stuck in my head recently.
"beware of fainting spells, beware of swoons, run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint" poetic yes? That movie is full of great lines, many taken from Jane Austen's writings, and short stories. Which reminds me, I need a new book to read. Ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment